29 August 2007

Something Purple For My Yellow...

Today I have seen things I had thought about for a long time, what it is to be Purple. I don't think of it as one of those fleeting, psuedo- sentiments that couples tend to exchange - like being so 'different' from anything ever experienced in the past, etc.

Being Purple is being that depth, being that mystery, being the sonnet between our layers and its presence is so important. The moments it flickers like those candles near the draft are difficult, inconsistent and can be quite dangerous.

I am surrounded by new things, large things, different things, but my centre is with me. I appreciate her, balancing me on our path, the circle we are entwined into with her yellows. I drove around these new surroundings and I was filled with thoughts on how I appreciate what is in me and why I am in this new place. I appreciate I am going to have to adjust and just like the long walk down Regent Street I am sure it's worth it.

How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.

I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.

I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.

I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints,--I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!--and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning / XLIII

2 Comments:

Blogger SNAKE HUNTERS said...

Haiku Anyone?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

God loves a balance

He made angel & devil

These two, prance about!

reb

www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com

00:26  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

I came back and read this, as I often do. Sometimes it sinks in a second time.
Your words to JT are every bit as eloquent and timeless as Elizabeth's.

11:37  

Post a Comment

BACK