18 May 2007

King's Cross The Day She Derailed...

This story is a sad one, the sort that you hear all the time. If I bore you with the details, it might even open your mind. It's the tale of a young girl who once was the talk of the town. The first time I saw her, her skin was so thin on her bones. Her eyes, they were lost on that street although she called it a home. So I thought, can I save her? Can I get her out of harms way? And she looked at me with those eyes, so what could I say? I said, whats your name and she said you're all the same so I said don't act so strange, I only asked your name. The stars in the night sky she'd only seen once in her life. She said, what become, of my promised fame? All I got was shame and then she said, you're all to blame and then her eyes, said, don't you leave me standing on my own, can't you see the streetside is no home, I'm held at night but still I'm cold, I feel so lonely, so, but I'm not alone? She had hair had like willow tree choked at the side of the road. Cardboard boxes for pillows, she weeps as she reaps what she sows. So I asked her, if one day she'd mind joining me in my grave. You know, like them big ones with the family name. But she said I don't know if I have any soul to save. She said, why do you care? So I said, cause I did, ever since I saw you standing there, while I couldn't help but stare. Then her eyes said don't leave me standing here on my own. She must have had the most lonely face I've ever known...

4 Comments:

Blogger morbid misanthrope said...

Aren't those the lyrics to David Hasselhoff's "Get in My Car"?

16:30  
Blogger BD said...

How many songs has the 'Hoff got?

20:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

xx

22:52  
Blogger One Wink at a Time said...

Can't help thinking of Les Miserables.

12:32  

Post a Comment

BACK